About Me

As time goes by I learn the importance of a day!

Wednesday

Well, there has been a profound change in our company as of yesterday afternoon. The fired someone that has been employed here for 15 years or more and his wife, also employed here, walked with him. This/these people have been difficult to deal with at times. That difficulty would vary depending on who you were or who you worked directly under. My point is this, it is not that they did or did not deserve to be here it is that the lack of loyalty between employer and employee. That person did something that is just unacceptable but, he was allowed to get away with unprofessional and unacceptable behavior for years and suddenly he crossed the line? I am really not sure how to take the whole situation........I do know that I did not get an especially warm and fuzzy feeling when I clocked in this morning.

I have been working since I was 16 years old and I am a LONG way from 16 now but, what is in store for not only me but the generations to follow? The big corporations are closing, cutting back and moving to some foreign countries. I can draw about 1/3 of my pay if I retire at the right age......72!! I can't afford to live on that at that age. I am thinking maybe I should seek employment with those companies that like to employee the elderly and get comfortable there. It is surely not in a company I am currently in that will allow someone the freedom to abuse everyone in their path and then one day say "that is unacceptable, here's your hat" and shown to the door with a box of personal belongings. I will keep my eyes and ears open to the possibilities of other employment and hope for the best.

Until then.......... I will keep doing what I do until I don't do it here anymore!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

1 comment:

onefootoff said...

wow, are they gone really? where did they go what did he do? drama!!! come work with me, you'd love it!